On 15/06/2015 07:56, Yann Ylavic wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Gregg Smith <g...@gknw.net> wrote:
>
>> http://people.apache.org/~gsmith/proposal/sslcertificatechainfile_compromise.diff
>>  [1]
>
> I'm fine with this approach too.
> We have to decide whether a single [warn] is acceptable or not since
> it may still confuse startup monitors, which was a point raised in the
> [Vote] thread.
> I agree that the current patch proposed in STATUS is nearly the same
> as not noticing the user since it requires -e info in the command-line
> for anything to be visible, but I'm afraid any warning won't be
> accepted now...

A Single warn to LOG is good, perhaps even a single warn to console on
daemon START only - and only if this means it does NOT appear in any
reloads or ever again until the server is stop/started, if it does,
abandon the idea.

Not sure if the single console warn on START will affect cpanel, I don't
think it would since it likely part of system startup and no scripting
would be looking for any output, Jacob might want to chime in on that
one though.

Links:
------
[1]