G/Morning I think,
As Bill correctly guesses in a following mail, 'my' OS is NetWare and it's the standard compiler GK has been using for years to build Apache releases.

And that (Metrowerks CW) (AFAIK) is a C89 legend.

As I noted in my mail, I would hardly expect to hold back tomorrows http/2 protocol for so dated a horse as NetWare, and if you introduced coding or functions that NetWare's compiler doesn't support then it's 'game-over' for the old war horse as far as http2 is concerned. For the moment however I merely suggest an opinion that initializing structures via a list of individual assignments is a better form to read the code than what is used at present, and a small, almost irrelevant side effect of which is that, for now at least, my compiler can keep building http2 for NetWare, with no functional change to the code.
Regards,
Norm