On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group
> <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com> wrote:
>>
>> From: Yann Ylavic [mailto:ylavic....@gmail.com]
>>>
>>> BTW, even on Unixes there is a race on these files between the main
>>> process and the children, or the children themselves from different
>>> "generation".
>>
>> Really? I would think that these are files with the same name but different
>> inodes and hence different.
>
> Yes, but I was thinking of eg. an old-generation child removing the
> file between shm_create (post_config's slotmem_create) and shm_attach
> (child_init's slotmem_attach) from the new-generation.

Hm, that seems to be guarded by the "globallistmem" cache in mod_slotmem_shm...
So I am probably wrong about this race.

On Windows, "globallistmem" is not inherited (forked), hence the
shm_attach() path is taken, so we can't use anonymous SHMs anyway...

How about the generation in the filename? Windows only?