On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 13:49 +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the light of the move to simple services that talk XML/JSON and HTML and
> Javascript based clients that become more and more capable, I find myself
> wanting an XSLT filter quite often these days to sit in the middle and
> translate between the two.
>
> As a complement to mod_xmlenc, would it make sense to include an XSLT filter
> in httpd out the box?

There are several old modules: for example mod_transform.
I expect they still serve for sites without i18n requirements.
One option would be to overhaul that.

Note, mod_transform is GPL.  Originally my decision when I released
its earlier predecessor, before I was part of the dev@httpd team.
I'd be happy to re-license it as Apache, and I don't think
any of my co-developers would object.

--
Nick Kew