My two cents: I agree that another "name mangled" abbreviation is not
particularly helpful, but I also agree with Jim's concern: "apr_token" made
me immediately wonder what made this exclusive to HTTP tokens.
Unfortunately I don't have much of an alternative suggestion. I have seen
other frameworks refer to an "invariant" or "independent" locale/culture
before; maybe that helps jog someone's creativity?

Feel free to ignore my rambling. ;) My default naming strategy is to throw
out random ideas.

--Jacob
(on mobile, apologies for strange formatting)