> On Dec 3, 2015, at 11:09 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> What would *you* like to see as new features or enhancements
> w/ mod_proxy, esp reverse proxy.
>
> HTTP/2 support, of course :)  It will be interesting to be able to leverage
> and compare a mod_proxy_serf vs a mod_proxy_http2 (nghttp2-based)
> engine, as mentioned in another thread - multiple implementations
> are always good for ferreting out protocol anomalies.

It's kind of funny... the "need" for http/2 between proxy and
origin seems pretty non-existant. There is a blog post by Cloudflare
somewhere about how they don't see servers talking http/2 to the
backend as anywhere near a driver, since all the things that make
it "important" (koff koff!) between browser and server don't really
apply.

Even so, I do think that re-looking into leveraging serf might
be useful, even if for other reasons.