> Am 07.12.2015 um 23:42 schrieb Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>:
>
> On 12/07/2015 02:30 PM, Bert Huijben wrote:
>> Is this a h2 limitation or a mod_h2 limitation?
>>
>> If I would like h2c upgrade from Subversion without an additional
>> request I would have to send the upgrade request with a very short
>> OPTIONS request that has a body.
>
> The HTTP/2 spec (RFC 7540, sec 3.2) appears to allow the sending of a request
> body in an h2c upgrade (h2 upgrades are prohibited). So it would appear to be
> a mod_http2 limitation for now.
>
> Hopefully Stefan can confirm tomorrow (it's pretty late in Germany).

It is possible, but difficult to do unless you can read the body and set it
aside somewhere. Which again imposes an arbitrary (for the client) limit.
Experience shows that this leads to design of clients that work will in
developments, but then encounter requests usage/sites/servers that have other
limits and break.

If Apache accepts body lengths of up to 64KB (or something configurable) and
some other server implements 8K and some third 1MB, how will that help design
of a client that, for some reason, *wants* an upgrade to succeed?

//Stefan