If you want to go for equivalent implementations for things like the TLS
upgrade... then you really don't want to have AUTH completed before upgrade.

My preferred implementation would issue the 101 on HTTP/1.1 and then produce
the 401 on H2.
(I would be happy with an EOS on the response headers... I'm not interested
in the body :-))

I can handle '100 continue' before the 101 on HTTP/1.1, but also after
switching to H2 and before the actual result on H2... But I'm happy that we
don't have to support all possible scenarios there.

        Bert