Am 21.01.2016 um 17:03 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
Did you want me to work on it, or are you?

I just had some late lunch and started to think closer about it. Since kept_body was previously only used for request bodies, wouldn't it be nicer to *not* expose the HC response body under that name in the expression parser, and instead register an expr extension from HC which handles a new function, say hc(), with a first supported argument "body"? So hc(body) returns whatever HC wants to.

You could still use the kept_body field in your impl (or some other place now or later) but we wouldn't expose this implementation detail to the outside world.

I have already done an expr function extension in some custom module, it is pretty easy to do (and httpd uses that feature e.g. in mod_ssl).

So yes, if you like I can do it. But do you like the idea?

Regards,

Rainer