On 01/27/2016 08:50 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 01/27/2016 12:46 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:

Looking into this in more detail the following thoughts came up:

What do we think how much iterations do we do in this loop in the typical case
a.k.a how often do we call ap_get_brigade with a non blocking read?
My gut feeling tells me that we only do this once at least in the websocket
case.
If this is the case the discussion whether to flush after the loop or in the
loop wouldn't be
relevant any longer, but more important:
If it is ok to flush in the loop I think it would be better to add the flush
bucket
directly to bb_out instead of calling ap_fflush afterwards. The reason for this
is
that it gives downstream filters a better information on what they should do.
With the current
approach they might set the buckets aside and store them for later processing
and only
process them in the second round when they see the flush. If the flush would be
on the first
brigade at least some of them would process the buckets directly without
setting them aside.
Comments?

Regards

Rüdiger