I guess APRisation has its benefits (but its drawbacks as well, due to the
stricter
versioning rules over there), but I guess we can do this iteratively
with event. Nevertheless it might be good to keep motorz and simple
around even if dormant to keep the ideas for these steps on the table.
As you sound that you don't feel these steps are all too sexy for doing them
they might be for someone else. Probably if someone can define them more
clearly a project for GSOC?

Regards

Rüdiger