On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 9:06 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2016 13:54, "Jan Kaluža" <jkal...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 03/07/2016 04:17 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >>
> >> Intstead of adding YAD (yet another directive ;) ), would it
> >> be possible to somehow leverage Listen itself, maybe with some
> >> sort of flag?
> >

> > Yes, that would be quite possible. I was thinking about that way, but I
> have chosen YAD as a first approach. If you think adding flag to Listen is
> better way, I can rework my patch.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan Kaluza

Reviewing the behavior, an unadorned new directive makes more sense to me
> than cluttering Listen, which already takes one optional protocol behavior
> argument.
>
> The same handler can process both directives.

A benefit of using a flag is: what happens if the default changes at some
point? YAD would need to be created to go back to the old behavior - which
would make things more complicated.  Is it possible to use something like a
plus/minus or question mark symbol with each address:port which would allow
the default to be changed at some future point without requiring having
this discussion again?

Example:
Listen ?192.170.2.1:80  # Use IP_FREEBIND to listen when IP is available
(new behavior)
Listen +192.170.2.5:8000  # Require IP to be available (old behavior)
Listen [2001:db8::a00:20ff:fea7:ccea]:80  # Current default behavior (old)

- Y