On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:58 AM, Stefan Eissing <
stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> Hmm, I can tell you for certain that modules encountering HTTP/2
> connections
> in 2.4 do not find the filters as they may expect.

Right, that's by design.  Existing protocol modules assume a particular
stack
for a 'default' newly created connection.  If that connection is configured
as h2
then all bets are off, but this wouldn't be the case, especially on an
upgrade
of one subversion to another (e.g. 2.4.18 to 2.4.20).

A content module that assumes anything about the filter stack can run into
troubles using mod_http2, or mod_ftp, or lots of other examples, but these
protocol modules are making assumptions about 2.4.x based on what the
server was already doing.  Let's not break those assumptions until 2.6.0
when lots of assumptions go out the door.

Bill