Hi folks,

I've a question regarding writing logging statements in httpd code. I
notice that most of the logging statements are associated with a log
number, defined by the APLOGNO macro, while some others (in the same
module) do not. I have the following questions when writing new logging
statements,

1. What are these log numbers used for? (I remember the early versions do
not have these...)

2. What kinds of logs need the log numbers and what do not?

3. How to determine the number when writing a new logging statement? Is
there any specific rule to generate the number? If not, how to avoid the
collision?

Thanks a lot!
Tianyin