Revision 1560081 (backport of r1533087) introduced "char uds_path[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE]" in the middle of the proxy_worker_shared structure which IMHO broke compatibility between 2.4.6 and 2.4.7.

I noticed it just now, because I was implementing a custom LB method and during runtime it always found s->status to be 0. I had compiled it against an old 2.4.4 to ensure not using later features, but was testing inside 2.4.18. Thus the offset of the status field calculated for 2.4.4 actually pointed into the long uds_path string which wasn't used and probably calloced with zeroes.

Any good idea how to best document the break for other module developers?

Regards,

Rainer