For example... in event.c;

    if (cs->pub.state == CONN_STATE_WRITE_COMPLETION) {
        int not_complete_yet;

        ap_update_child_status_from_conn(sbh, SERVER_BUSY_WRITE, c);

Yuck, that just trashed the score for that connection.

We do it again here;

    if (cs->pub.state == CONN_STATE_LINGER) {
        start_lingering_close_blocking(cs);
    }
    else if (cs->pub.state == CONN_STATE_CHECK_REQUEST_LINE_READABLE) {
        ap_update_child_status_from_conn(sbh, SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE, c);

I'm sure we can find similar examples, I'm still going through a pretty
broad grep of the trunk sources.