On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> So now, either we choose to not report workers' activity in between
>> requests (there are just multi-purpose workers/request-pollers after
>> all), or we save some "last request" informations in each conn_rec and
>> restore them on the worker (score) handling the connection at each
>> time (this is more reporting the workers' activity than the requests
>> lines, which will pass from one worker to the other, even possibly
>> duplicating requests lines with low activity).
>>

> If that slot does other work, it should be recorded.  But while that slot
> sits unused, the last activity for that score slot must be preserved.

Just to clarify the event case... our server is not free-threaded.  Once we
are in a request, we are threadbound.  The following request on that same
worker is likely to jump threads, and it's fine, my brief testing today
seems
to confirm, but I presented the patch to the followers of PR 59333 for
further
review and testing.

This will likely change in 3.0 (no, we aren't going to make requests
free-threaded without bumping the version major - that's too drastic
a behavior change.)  Once a *request* is jumping from thread to
thread, as opposed to the underlying connection, we are going to
have to rethink how the scoreboard presents that information and
how it is refreshed.