On May 11, 2016 4:16 PM, "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> > I got some such feedback when h2 connections truly went async and no
longer showed up as occupying a slot. I share your idea that in an event
based server, threads are not the primary dimension but connections are.

> Threads (slots) are the primary dimension for what you need to monitor
> to not get overrun.  The state of connections NOT running on a thread
> (keepalive, write completion, lingering close) seems to me to still be
> a distant second for routine work. I see value in listing individual
> write-completion requests, since they could be an issue from the users
> POV but would be de-emphasized in current server-status.

In the next iteration for trunk I see a value in having both the basic
activity flag per worker thread so we can see those states at a glance as
we can today, as well as a summary table per process of the number of
recognized workers and inactive Conn/req per process by state.  Those
should be detailed whether or not an extendedstatus is enabled, or not.

That table should help us understand the nature of any server overload.