On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:13 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Rainer Canavan
> <rainer.cana...@sevenval.com> wrote:
>> It's not just the Cookie that's logged via %{}C that gets nonsense
>> appended, but the cookie parser of e.g. PHP behaves the same. I think
>> httpd could handle this better by not merging the headers or merging
>> them in a way that is consistent with the syntax of the Cookie:
>> response header. Since the original Cookie: header sent by the client
>> gets corrupted by httpd, I'd even prefer dripping any additional
>> headers over the current behaviour.
>
> That's not nonsense, and dropping isn't an option.  You need to review
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-3.2.2
>
> and stop and explain your confusion so we can assist.

I've read that already. The problem is that rfc 7230 explicitly states
that Set-Cookie
should be treated as a special case, but does not mention the Cookie request
header, which suffers from similar problems. I agree that sending multiple
Cookie headers is not allowed according to rfc 6265 and that combining
them is perfectly fine according to rfc 7230, however, it's rather inconvenient
and I believe it is unlikely that the current behavior is what the
broken clients /
proxies intend.

rainer