On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com> wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2016, at 3:02 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> If consensus here agrees that no out-of-spec behavior should be tolerated
> anymore, I'll jump on board. I'm already in the consensus block that says
> we should not ship a new major.minor without disallowing all of this
> garbage.
>
> It would be helpful if other PMC members would weigh in yea or nay on
> dropping out-of-spec behaviors from 2.4 and 2.2 maintenance branches.
>

> That would be weird.  One of us is going to create a patch.  That specific
> patch is
> going to be voted upon for backport.  If anyone wants to veto it, they are
> free
> to do so with justification.

You don't seem to comprehend the idea behind consensus, which is what I'm
appealing for. You first among them all were perfectly happy to champion
stupid
design considerations as 'beyond Bill's authority' as a committer and
reviewer,
and sadly while I sat in the chair of httpd and got to eat dirt.

I'm not trying that again, httpd 2.0 does not entirely compile against apr
2.0-dev,
and likely never will due to this stalemate.

I'm entirely willing to invite vetos with my code, if I wasn't I wouldn't
commit.
But if you go back through the archives, you will realize several of you
were
entirely on the wrong side of problem-solving. If you would personally like
to invite vetoes, please be our guest.