On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:16 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
> wrote:+
>>

>> What's the case where this catches recursion that the previous logic in
>> r1773861 did not handle? I'm trying to write a test that fails on r1773861
>> and succeeds on r1773865, but I haven't figured it out yet.
>

> I'm confused by a different aspect.
>
> In trashing the body-in-flight, whose headers caused us to 500-reject
> the response, have we also trashed any and all correct error documents
> or built-in short 500 response explanation?

No, I tried (quite hard, in a second time) to honor ErrorDocument by
calling ap_die() when check_headers() fails.

That's only if/when that ErrorDocument is caught by check_headers that
we end up generating a minimal 500 response (with Server, Date,
Connection: close and empty body), to avoid infinite recursion.