On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 7:21 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm using a (third-party/closed) module which replaces newlines in
>> header values (like base64 encoded PEMs) with obs-fold.
>
> If we accept obs-fold from CGI, or internally within the
> headers_out, we must
> replace them with a single SP and conform to the spec on the wire.

What about either an optional filter, or simply plug in a module that
only implements a fixup hook, which can be configured on potentially
offending requests to scan and correct the headers_out members?

Such a module could also do something to work around other CTLs,
and invalid header token names, to avoid 500 error conditions and
attempt to still forward some response.