Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> writes:

> Functional patch avail... working on doccos.
>
>     http://home.apache.org/~jim/patches/brotli-2.4.patch

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the backport patch.

There is, however, a potential problem with backporting mod_brotli, since
it relies on the Brotli library 1.0.0, which has not yet been released.
In other words, if the upstream changes the API or the library layout
or their pkg-config files after mod_brotli is shipped with httpd 2.4.x, it's
either going to stop building or working.

The open ticket about the new release is here:

  https://github.com/google/brotli/issues/483

My impression on this is that mod_brotli is only safe to backport after the
Brotli authors publish the 1.0.0 version of their library.  But perhaps I am
missing something?

(Apart from this, I think that Brotli did change the layout of their pkg-config
files in [https://github.com/google/brotli/commit/fe9f9a91], and it requires
an update in the filters/config.m4 file; I'll do that.)

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov