On 03/03/2017 10:27 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
But what if you use the full path?

That would work if I'd compiled Lua myself and installed into a separate prefix, but on my machine all the lua versions are right next to each other in the same prefix. So 5.3 will still take precedence.

To try to clear up what's going on: Ubuntu's (and as I understand it, Debian's) version of liblua5.3 has not been compiled with some of the optional 5.1/2 compatibility APIs. mod_lua relies on them, and it won't load when compiled against liblua5.3 on my machine.

IOW: this patch forces the use of 5.3 if a Debian user has it installed, but mod_lua won't work with 5.3 on that platform.

My preference is to move to the new replacements for those APIs (which have been deprecated for six years now, I think), fixing this for everyone into the future. But I don't write Lua and I'm not familiar with the stack API. I'm happy to share more research if it helps someone implement the replacements.

--Jacob