On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Gregg Smith <g...@gknw.net> wrote:

They will say fix ours. Bottom line, it's been moved from
include/openssl/applink.c to ms/applink.c

So, ok, will have to add /ms to the includes or do you have a better
suggestion?

That suggests that OpenSSL make install deploys ms/applink.c.
Guessing they do not. Pointer to the thread/github issue?

If it does not, I would suggest no change, and document to the user
that they must sweep ms/applink.c to the include/openssl/ directory
when they are working with openssl 'installed'. If you would like to
add ../../srcdir/openssl/ms/ to includes, a not-present directory is
no real obstacle to getting the build to work.

It's upstream that is responsible for a usable $PREFIX result tree.
The sources should be expected to be gone.

No applink.c is installed to PREFIX/include/openssl. I neglected to consider building with cmake, my bad.

Adding the include is the easiest way to deal with this.