Hi all,

I noticed that the version of mod_brotli that has been backported to 2.4.x
lacks a few Makefile changes from trunk.  This results in a failing Unix
build when mod_brotli is not being built.  Another issue is that by default
the CMakeLists.txt file refers to invalid library filenames.

    ./configure ; make
    Building shared: mod_buffer.la mod_ratelimit.la mod_reqtimeout.la
    mod_ext_filter.la mod_request.la mod_include.la mod_filter.la
    mod_substitute.la mod_sed.la mod_deflate.la
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbrotlienc

The missing changesets are:

    https://svn.apache.org/r1761824
    https://svn.apache.org/r1771789
    https://svn.apache.org/r1771827
    https://svn.apache.org/r1779111

Here is the shortlog for them:

    r1761824: Unbreak building other filter modules without libbrotlienc.

    r1771789: Rewrite the autoconf script in a, hopefully, less convoluted way.
    This lays the groundwork to simplify the switch to the official Brotli
    library.

    r1771827: Update makefiles to use the library layout of the official
    Brotli repository.

    r1779111: Update makefile to cope with the pkg-config layout change
    in https://github.com/google/brotli/commit/fe9f9a9

With the backport being in place in the 2.4.x branch, these changes no longer
merge cleanly from trunk.  I can prepare a backport nomination for them that
resolves the conflicts and add it to the 2.4.x STATUS.

What do you think?

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov