> Am 23.05.2017 um 17:44 schrieb Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>:
>
> On 05/18/2017 10:46 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Based on feedback from various sessions:
>
> Thanks for the list, Jim!
>
>>   o Warn if the trailing '/'s don't match in ProxyPass/Reverse
>>     directives (eg: ProxyPass /foo http://www.example.com/foo/ )
>
> This one is easy enough to put into the directives themselves, but I'd like
> to expand on the idea in general.
>
> What would you all think about a linter for httpd config files? Something
> that can be updated independently of httpd releases with a ruleset, and that
> can target multiple versions of the server at once so that everyone gets the
> benefits without having to upgrade. Ideally the output would be standardized
> to the point that IDEs could dynamically run the linter as you typed.
>
> I started playing with this idea last year but got pulled into security and
> testing, so I haven't taken a look at my (Python-and-Atom-based) project in a
> while. This trailing-slash warning was in my notes, as were things like
>
> - Unused/unnecessary <IfDefine>/<IfModule>
> - VirtualHosts declared with hostnames instead of IP
> - Location blocks in the wrong order
> - Duplicate Listen directives
>
> etc.
>
> Short term, this helps automate spreading the wisdom that we have to impart
> over and over again on the support channels. In the long term, linter
> rulesets document what's difficult about the configuration language so we can
> potentially design a better one in the future.
>
> --Jacob

While speaking of ProxyPass/Reverse: the reverse mapping, applied to headers
such as "Location" is currently not supporting the "Link" header - last I
looked. I added support for that in mod_proxy_http2, to get PUSHes from the
backend working, but this is valid for other proxy modules as well.

If someone on this list feels like it, I would imagine it a nice little
exercise to lift the code into the general mod_proxy handling.

Cheers,

Stefan