On 06/22/2017 02:00 AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
However, running 'make depend' on my dev checkout with a custm --prefix and
libs in that prefix location gives errors such as

/Users/sei/projects/httpd/trunk/modules/filters/mod_xml2enc.c:27:10: fatal
error:
       'libxml/encoding.h' file not found
#include <libxml/encoding.h>

So, just adding depend to the dependencies will not work for all of us.

Hmm. If I get some spare cycles, I can see if I can switch us to a more precise dependency generation system.

For now, the nightly-clean autobuilds will catch issues like this. I'm not sure I want to add `make depend` to the buildbot yet without testing its failure modes, and for now the autobuild behavior is good enough, if imperfect.

--Jacob