On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
wrote:

> <VirtualHost *>
>  ServerName corecms.example.com
>  DocumentRoot "/www/corecms.example.com"
>  <If "%{PORT} == '443'">

This doesn't work, of course, owing to server_rec members such as scheme
and port. If these moved to the addrs member, and we tracked the current
vhost by server_rec and individual addrs array member in 2.next, then we
may be able to resolve this (but that is not an insignificant patch.)

Note your misuse of 443 as the sentinel, it prevents your certificate file
and your stapling choice from affecting h2 requests on port 80.

Another reason this will not work... Server/VHost config is static. All
such directives are evaluated at config/startup time, global config is
merged to per-vhost config. And that is the state of the host for that
generation of the workers process. <If > will never be supported for those
directives, it can work only on per-dir config options.

Final reason this won't be adopted as suggested; VirtualHost [:80] is
implicit. I cannot see us ever changing this, it would break most configs.
Maybe a port * feature?

If you want to experiment...
<VirtualHost IP:80 IP:443>
is already recognized.