I've been watching the maintainer mode deliberations on dev@apr with great
interest. I'm also keenly aware of Steffen's concerns, especially since
dropping pcre didn't cause nearly this much trouble.

If we are all on the same page, I'll continue to work through the expat
headache on Monday and others hopefully are close to replacing your OS/X
solve with a more comprehensive solution, even if that means dropping the
I'll considered -Werror patch regression.

I think we all want a regression free and all-platform release finally. If
you want to be the RM, that's great!

Would anyone who is actively reviewing please chime in when you see your
concerns solved, whether these are related to maintainer mode or Win32?

TIA, Jim, and testers.