On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

>> Am 23.10.2017 um 16:25 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Stefan Eissing
>> <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you give me a sign if this will arrive soonish or need to be stashed?
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> I've just updated the backport proposal with the change (r1812193)
>> intended to address compatibility issues raised by Bill (MMN major
>> bump). Looks good to me, Bill?
>>
>> Appart from this, it's still missing votes (2 now since I had to reset
>> Mike's with the change), so reviewers/testers welcome ;)
>
> Quid pro quo. Fair enough. ;-)
>
> I'll await Bill's verdict and review if his thumb is up.

I will review whether ABI is satisfied later this week, don't let that
stop other reviewers from pounding on this change.

I still propose a "State of the /trunk" release candidate this week,
eyeing only an -alpha release to the public, so that all of the
aspects of trunk which now vary from 2.4.x maintenance branch can be
thoroughly inspected by those users who are willing to do so.

So any feature that feels "experimental" or simply untested will
receive some additional eyeballs, and we can start to address any
deficiencies without continuing to disrupt 2.4.x stable in the
process.

I will make this tag later in the week, holler if you see something
you want to and and *will* address over the remainder of this week,
I'm willing to pause 7-10 days to let some things be corrected. I'd
like to make this a monthly exercise, so what is missed can be fixed
for end of Nov. It will be good to have all these enhancements shared
with the community, even if only at -alpha level recognition for a
bit.