> Am 12.01.2018 um 13:07 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>:
>
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone planning to review this in the next days?
>
> I plan to do so, is there a strong need to own a domain for tesing or
> can I use a "standalone" thingy (if that's ever relevant)?

If you go against the staging server at Let's Encrypt, any
challenge for a domain name will need to be resolved to an IP
address that you listen on. This will give you a certificate
on success that has an untrusted root, but you can request
that for the domain very often, as needed in testing.

You can test locally. The LE ACME server is available as a
docker instance, as described in https://github.com/letsencrypt/boulder

That is the one the test suite in https://github.com/icing/mod_md uses.

-Stefan