Useful links:

  o http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1812440
  o http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1812442

These are easy to automate as well... I would suggest maybe 3
scripts: pretag.sh (which readies the branch for tagging), tag.sh
which does a simple svn cp and then posttag.sh which updates
for the next round. Once the tag is created, we can use the
existing release.sh to roll the tarballs and then your push.sh
to move them to to dist.

Having a set of small, single-purpose scripts that we chain
together is nicer than a large script that tries to do it all,
IMO.