Am 18.03.2018 um 20:07 schrieb Eric Covener:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 2:25 PM, Steffen <i...@apachelounge.com> wrote:

It is indeed a limitation for an "old" account, and when LE enables TLS
again (not sure it does already in ACMEv2 protocol)

When did this become about TLS-SNI challenges and how does that tie
into the external ACME client?

Can you connect the dots for me or is this unrelated?

In my test mod_md says;

mod_md.c(1317): [client 2001:980:a510:1:c5e7:56f7:9d:ab36:65315] Challenge
for www.apachelounge.com (/.well-known/acme-challenge/test.txt)

For me case closed., sorry for the clutter.

Does this confirm something beyond "mod_md works"?

When it is not  appreciated that I share it with dev, say it please.

My own 2 cents: It would be helpful and take much less of a toll on
this volunteers time/patience/morale if this kind of feedback were
refined before being brought forward.

For example, here are hypothetical concise requirements / complaints
that someone could meaningfully address without having to pull teeth:

mod_md could do something specifically different with TLS-SNI
challenges for old users
mod_md pre-empts HTTP challenges for domains that are not mod_md managed.
mod_md can't decline/defer to an Alias for /.well-known if it has no
stored challenge

But instead we have several paragraphs about votes and releases and
mod_ssl depending on mod_md and two different clients and a request to
test "it" on Linux.

To add to Eric: typically if something does not work, it would be helpful to get the typical information:

- version and platform info (might be clear from the context)
- configuration used
- steps to reproduce
- expected result
- actual result
- regression or not, ie. is it a new problem or does it exist in older versions too

Sometimes one can shortcut but very often it is really necessary to get that type of information to be able to analyze/understand what the problem is.

Thanks and regards,

Rainer