On 4/18/2018 10:58 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
>> The release cycle is hours, to the benefit of all interested. Be it a
>> blocking bug fixed or a nice feature implemented. These are mostly people
>> who do it for fun. Some even run large server clusters, so a „hobbyist“
>> label does not apply.
> Hours, yes, but we've had a willing RM, who has automated even
> more of this than Jim or I had, and has a very hard time finding
> any target to point to. E.g. "ok, that looks like the right resolution
> to the last of the regressions... let's..." ... "...oh there are all these
> other shiny objects in STATUS... rock-n-roll!!!"

What's particularly interesting to me, as I follow the conversation in
my usual lurker-mode, is that Bill hit the nail on the head with this
observation. I was waiting for the dust to settle to run through the
scripts again for another T&R and release vote... but am not totally
sure if we're ready. (mea culpa: my brain melted as I tried to follow
the merging discussion so instead started parsing for "Yep. We're good
now.")

My current read on the conversation is that we're happy (or maybe just
content) with the SSL merging fixes and we should prep to ship 2.4.34 as
a fix. Does anyone disagree?

--
Daniel Ruggeri