Hi Stefan,

Il giorno mar 7 ago 2018 alle ore 11:08 Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> ha scritto:

> ...are the main things that will improve quality. Because
> it enables not only you but everyone else to be more productive.
>
> If you feel for this project, work on it.

Answering a bit late to this email due to holidays. I do agree with
you that this is a good goal, and I'd like to participate but IIRC we
didn't go far the last time that we discussed these topics. There were
people expressing a lot of desires and suggestions but I don't recall
if we ever got to any actionable to work on.

Speaking about test cases and the perl framework, some things that
would be great to work on are (imho):
1) define recipes for common task and document them (like, how do I
test a call to a PHP script?). Having cookbooks would encourage people
to add simple and more complex tests, because they wouldn't spend a
ton of time checking the test repo looking for a magical combination
of perl commands to make something work (happens to me all the time).
2) try to reliably run the test framework against 2.4.x's code more
often (and on more platform/configurations) rather than relying on
people manually doing it, to catch issues earlier.

There are surely a ton more things to do, these are my 2c :)

Luca