In trunk we do now have a 2.5 CHANGES file, ie. the file contains entries for 2.5.0-alpha and the entries above those under the 2.5.1 heading.

I think we should add entries under 2.5.1 even if things get likely backported and such items should no longer be removed when being backported. Before 2.5.0-alpha, that was just a candidate CHANGES file for the things not in 2.4.x, but now it should also document the changes after 2.5.0-alpha. Similar to how I think it was done while switching from 2.2 to 2.3/2.4.

Regards,

Rainer