1. Why removing the META_BUCKET check when reading buckets of length -1? I
don't see any sense in
   doing an apr_bucket_read on a META_BUCKET.
2. Apart from 1. I think the flow is correct, but I am a little bit worried if
calling ap_filter_reinstate_brigade
   inside the loop iterating over the brigade has a too large performance
impact as ap_filter_reinstate_brigade
   iterates itself over the brigade. So we are in O(n^2) with n being the size
of the brigade. But to be honest I have
   no good idea yet how to do without. The only thing I can think of is to
duplicate and merge the logic of ap_filter_reinstate_brigade
   inside our loop to avoid this as we could gather the stats needed for
deciding up to which bucket we need to write while
   doing our iteration of the brigade.

Regards

Rüdiger