On Sun, Dec 01, 2019 at 12:05:15PM +0100, Luca Toscano wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Travis seems not able to deliver emails to dev@, I opened a jira to
> Infra: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19508

Thanks!

> +svn export -q -r
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x
> /home/travis/build/apr-1.7.x
> svn: E205000: Syntax error in revision argument
> 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x'
> The command "./test/travis_before_${TRAVIS_OS_NAME}.sh" failed and
> exited with 1 during .
>
> This one seems more a temporary connectivity issue, so I am wondering
> if we should add a basic and limited retry/backoff logic in CI to make
> the external fetch operations more resilient to network glitches.

Looks like a brief outage yesterday -

https://status.apache.org/incidents/nbl2fw5f63fx

Yeah, I think it's good idea to retry that svn export a few times, I
think I have seen it fail with some network error before.  I'd also
considered caching the perl-framework checkout but would then need to
duplicate the latest-revision checking stuff.

Regards, Joe