On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 08:30:06AM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 01/31/2020 04:14 AM, Luca Toscano wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I tested a bit the mod_systemd backport proposal (thanks Joe for
> > working on it!) and I have some doubts, that might be due to my
> > limited understanding of systemd. I tried the following unit on Debian
> > 10 (Buster):

> > # /etc/systemd/system/apache2.service
> > [Unit]
> > Description=The Apache HTTP Server
> > After=network.target
> >
> > [Service]
> > Type=notify
> > ExecStart=/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -k start
>
> What if you add -D FOREGROUND to the above?

That should fix the problem described.  The Fedora httpd.service is
designed to be used with mod_systemd and looks like this:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/httpd/blob/master/f/httpd.service

We could add a cut-down version of that without some Fedora-specific
stuff, but there are some policy choices here about what reload & stop
do so it is maybe best left to distributions, not sure.  At least I
could document it better!

Regards, Joe