On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 09:50:26AM -0400, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 9:39 AM Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Better question... or stupider question?  For "modern" OpenLDAP where
> > ldap_set_rebind_proc takes a void *, this linked list cache is
> > completely redundant and you can "simply" pass the (bindDN, bindPW)
> > through to the rebind callback via the void *, and that will work
> > correctly?
>
> That makes sense, I would think so.  The manual on my Mac has the
> userdata parm too.

I have merged that change in r1878890 - thanks a lot for reviewing &
walking me through this far, apologies for moving slowing but I wanted
to get a working test case before proceeding.

Reviewing this thread again I am not sure if the change to
remove/reorder the removal of the rebind is safe for non-OpenLDAP
toolkits.  I can revert that bit if required?

https://github.com/apache/httpd/commit/130eac3ae6e8f7a8465c7792660ce8b747642b23#diff-f0cf47f5d582509d36e95f170231bc21L226

Regards, Joe