Hi,

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 7:58 AM Helmut K. C. Tessarek
<tessa...@evermeet.cx> wrote:

> On 2020-06-27 08:48, Luca Toscano wrote:
> > the challenges are the same one discussed in your previous email
> > thread
>
> These are all valid points, although in the end absolutely irrelevant.
>
> It's very easy and it doesn't take a genius to figure this out: as soon as
> there is a web server out there that can do HTTP/3, people will just use that
> one instead. All the excuses (even though I do understand how valid they are)
> won't change a thing.

there are already web servers doing HTTP/3, but the httpd project is
not in any "race" to get first to new features, this is not the way
Apache works. We will release HTTP/3 support when the development
community will be ready to deliver a strong and solid codebase, not
before. Supporting HTTP/3 is also a strong requirement that holds for
some use cases (for example, services that are directly Internet
facing), but does not for others (in case of HTTP/2, I am not aware of
a lot of people preferring it to HTTP when dealing with proxied
requests between services etc..).

Again, we welcome any contribution to reach the HTTP/3 goal, as stated
multiple times, since we consider it very important. On our side we'll
also try to do everything to keep supporting httpd and adding new
features in a timely manner (the former is not a simple thing to do
too, given the amount of users to support).

Luca