On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 12:22:38PM +0100, Stefan Eissing wrote:
> Things for consideration:
> 1. "SSLOptions StdEnvVars" sets a range of variables unrelated to SSL.
> I think these should be provided by the server.

Which ones are unrelated to SSL?

> 2. "SSLRequireSSL" is internally implemented on the deprecated
> "SSLRequire". Should we at least recommend in the documentation which
> "Require" configuration one should use instead? I think it is "Require
> ssl"?

Yes, definitely.  SSLRequireSSL -> "Require ssl", and both SSLRequireSSL
and SSLRequire could be removed for 2.5+ IMO.

> 3. If it is "Require ssl", this needs a authn provider "ssl"
> registered and there can only be one (I assume?). Should core override
> that and base its result on the new ap_ssl_conn_is_ssl(c) function?

It sounds like the right approach, although it looks like there should
be unification here, since atm mod_ssl maps "Require ssl" to
modssl_request_is_tls() but ssl_is_https() is slightly different
(probably wrong?).

Regards, Joe