On 4/29/21 6:36 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2021, at 5:18 AM, Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org
> <mailto:rpl...@apache.org>> wrote:

>> Probably we are doing it wrong and should not touch ANY of the headers for
>> 304 and instead need to fix
>>
>> modules/cache/cache_storage::cache_accept_headers
>>
>> such that we don't update the following headers of the cached entity:
>>
>> Content-Encoding
>> Content-Length
>> Content-MD5
>> Content-Range
>> ETag
>
> Yes.

I am confused now. The explicit list of headers was stripped down to
Content-Length in
https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/490/files.

Instead there is the sentence "Header fields that the cache's stored
representation of the response depends upon, as described
below,". The mentioned description lists Content-Encoding and hints that
further Content-* fields may be omitted. ETag is not
mentioned at all.

Regards

RĂ¼diger