On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 09:42:10AM +0200, ste...@eissing.org wrote:

> > Am 10.09.2021 um 09:02 schrieb Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 03:23:13PM -0700, Gregg Smith wrote:
> >> Since OpenSSL 3.0.0 GA came out yesterday (Californuts time) I think it
> >> would be nice to have r1891138 backported for those wishing to try it out.
> >> What you say?
> >
> > I'd say it's better to try to get a successful release out, then try to
> > get new features in the stable branch.  (In fact, I'd be quite happy if
> > we had 2.5.x/2.6 released and stopped trying new features in 2.4 :)
> >
> > That revision is not sufficient, I have a hopefully-complete set of
> > OpenSSL 3.0 backports at: https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/258
>
> Do you want that in 2.4.49? (we can always to a 2.4.50 OpenSSL3
> release shortly afterwards, imo)

For me, I'd not want to delay or risk regressions in .49 for this, it's
only a small niche of users who care about it at the moment.  I plan to
propose the PR for backport after the next release.

(It'd be nice to get 3.0 building in Travis so we can be more confident
about keeping that working, not sure if anybody is testing trunk against
it regularly right now?)

Regards, Joe