Thanks Stefan, it's attempting [locally] to replace a file, which was
just created during the
checkout (which might even be open). So it looks like some hash
collision or other
duplication issue where there are two attempts to emplace the same
hash svn-base image,
and linux is letting this happen without complaint, while windows refuses.

(At first I suspected a strange file perms issue or a conflicting file
name case issue, but
this is not the situation.)