On 24 Jan 2022, at 15:52, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:

>> SUSPENDED already has the opposite meaning, in that a suspended connection
>> will be excluded from run_process_connection() until such time as some other
>> event has occurred (response on DNS, a proxy connection received something,
>> etc) and the connection resumed.
>
> Hm, where is that? (All the uses of SUSPENDED I see in httpd seem to
> be "defer to the MPM".)

It does defer to the MPM, which then makes sure that connection stays out of
the queues until some other out-of-band process is triggered for the connection
to put back in the queue using ap_mpm_resume_suspended(). In other words “don’t
call me ever, even if data is available, as I’m waiting for something else to
happen, like say the result of a DNS lookup or a response from a backend
connection”.

In the case of AGAIN, it means “call me again when you have more data, serve
other connections while we wait”.

Regards,
Graham
—