🙈

>> The goals are pretty simple:
>>
>> 1. have mod_http focus on HTTP semantics, header checks, ap_die conversions,
>>   not chunking and CRLFs.
>> 2. have a mod_http1 that installs TRANSCODE filters when the connection is
>> h1.
>>   those do the chunking and the header serialization.
>> 3. Have interim responses that send META buckets, not DATA to the transcode
>> filters.
>>   No content filter will be confused by those.
>> 4. Pass FOOTERS in/out as META buckets in a similar way.
>>
>> The main idea is to introduce a META "HEADERS" bucket that is used for
>> final/interim responses and footers as well. This will safely pass through
>> all filters that do not know about it. This is similar to the ERROR bucket
>> type we already have.
>
> There are some assumptions in httpd (and possibly third-party modules)
> that meta buckets have a no length, so if "HEADERS" buckets have one
> you might need to embed it in the bucket->data struct..

Yes, it's 0 length like ERROR and has a struct as that holds:
- int status, opt 0
- const char *reason, opt NULL
- apr_table_t *headers
- apr_table_t *notes

on responses, shallow copied from the request_rec, etc.

The nice thing is that the HTTP/1.x transcode out filter can
now check in one place that
- there is indeed a HEADERS before data buckets
- there is only one HEADERS with status >= 200

And "above" the transcode layer, a data bucket is content, period.