Dear Apache2 team,

Thank you for your help in trying to resolve the issue I am having with the
Apache server inside of a chroot environment on a Chromebook. I thought I
had narrowed the problem down to a piece of code in Apache2 that checks if
the server is running in a chroot. This code causes Apache2 to ignore any
requests to start, stop, or restart the server.

I have since my previous request learned that the reason that there is a
check for the chroot is so that Apache2 doesn’t escape from the chroot.
It seems to me to be an error in logic to ignore requests when the
conditions indicate that a process should proceed with what it is supposed
to do.

I have already contacted other developers and I share your frustration they
have  have not worked with the Apache HTTPD project to resolve this issue.

I am writing to you today to ask for your help in resolving this issue. I
understand that the Ubuntu package maintainers are not responsible for the
Apache HTTPD project, but I believe that you may be able to connect me to a
developer who can help me resolve this issue.

I would be grateful if you could provide me with the contact information
for a developer who can help me with this issue or other assistance such as
directing me to a module that might help, or direct me to some
documentation that would help me solve this technical issue.

Yours truly,

Benjamin Godfrey