Hi,

Could not agree more. Its captured under the work for the first release
already https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-121?filter=-1

Balaji is the RM. Plan to do this in August.

One issue we realized was that we need a solid migration path, since the
tables are all registered with com.uber.hoodie.HoodieInputFormat as the
input format.
We plan to do a HIP around this, once we get past the jar/bundle redoing..
(thats another logical step we are considering before doing this, to test
with older setups more easily)

Hope that helps
/thanks/vinoth